Thursday, August 6, 2015

Boring diet post

Warning: Personal boring diet post ahead.

I guess I shouldn't call it a diet post.  It's not really a diet post.  It's an eating-like-I-should post.  Sort of.

It's been two months today since I started getting serious about my health.  It started with my uncle dying and my dad worrying about me walking around the cemetery in the snow because of my feet.  (They hurt, planter fasciitis sucks.)  Also, my uncle died.  Not a great uncle, my uncle, in his early sixties.  I had nightmares about people I love dying for weeks after that.   And my feet hurt.  My asthma, diagnosed a few years ago, got worse.  I felt like shit.  I decided I was tired of it.  Sick of it.

In June, I bit the bullet and joined the YMCA.   I bought a swim suit and started swimming three times a week.  The first time or two I felt like I'd been run over by a truck.  I'm not going to lie, there was flexiril and meloxicam and some swearing and booze involved.   I finally got past the sore point, bought goggles and ear plugs.  I'm to the point where I don't get too sore afterward, and I've started counting calories again.

I've lost 10lbs in two months.  You know what else I've lost?  The sore feet.  I don't take a second pain pill anymore.  I am finally getting more energy and I don't feel like shit every day.

I still weigh 300.4 lbs but I feel better.

A lot better.

Thank God for swimming pools.  

No comments:

Post a Comment