Saturday, November 19, 2016

Let's Play a Game

If you voted for Trump, you're probably wondering what the fuck I'm so upset about now.    I'm sure you're probably sitting over there taking  inventory on me.   She's white.  She doesn't use the government health care exchange.  Her family works in the energy industry.  She works for a small business and Trump is supposedly going to lower taxes.  She's white!  Did I mention you're white?  You're reasonably middle class, I mean, what passes for that these days, and college educated.  What do you have to be upset about?

Well, where do I start?  First of all, quit pointing out I'm white.  Yes, it does afford me, personally, some privilege, but probably 60% of my friends (and some family) belong to some sort of a minority. I don't really take much comfort in knowing that I am not personally going to be deported, put on a registry (Yay Jesus!) or subjected to racists emboldened by having a white nationalist (Trump's buddy Bannon) in the White House.

It just doesn't help.  

I've already heard stories about local kids crying in school because they're afraid they're going to be deported because their family is Mexican.

I've already seen pictures of an Episcopal Church (I belong to one of those) with "Faggot Church" and Heil Trump emblazoned on the side of it.  I don't really have any desire to carry pepper spray in church, but at this point, I may have to.

Now they're talking about registering Muslims.   I only have one thing to say about that, and it's not this time, motherfucker, we aren't going there.   Though, I'm sure Steve Bannon has got his eye on the Jews too.  (Again, not this time motherfucker.)

Mike Pence is an even bigger nightmare, believes in conversion therapy, even though it clearly didn't work for him because he's obviously a closeted self hating hating homosexual or he wouldn't be this crazy.  I mean, who else would demand people provide funerals for fetuses that didn't make it to full term?

Did I mention I'm female and still (probably) fertile?   God forbid I get pregnant and miscarry in the next four years, I'll probably be put on trial for infanticide.   I mean, I am over 35.   I probably have a geriatric womb and rotten eggs by now.   I should probably put a barb wire fence around my uterus right now so I don't end up incarcerated after a family tragedy.


So yeah, the Electoral College has screwed us once again.  The American People wanted Clinton, and it gave us Trump.   Quite possibly the WORST PRESENT EVER.   (She won the popular vote by over a million.) 

He's probably going to get impeached and we're going to end up with Lord Voldemort finishing out the rest of the term.

So that's why I'm upset.  I'm not a sore loser, I'm scared and I'm pissed.  I'm going to have to remember how to advocate for people without a president who has my back again.  I'm going to have to go back to worrying about people's safety when they come out of the closet, keep worrying people I care about are going to get shot for being black, definitely not get pregnant, and get in the faces of people who want to pull a Hitler on my Muslim neighbors.  I'm going to have to defend my immigrant friends (and customers) even more vigorously than usual just to stay sane listening to all the bullshit people now feel completely okay with saying about them, now that we have a president elect endorsed by the Ku Klux Klan. 

It's going to be a long four years and I want to move to moon for most of it, but I can't afford to do that.   There's too many people are going to need all the voices they can get to survive this nouveau Andrew Jackson.   We keep comparing him to Hitler, but right now, he's more of a Jackson.

I really hate Andrew Jackson.

So back to the title of the post, does anybody want to play a game and try and mansplain to me why I'm really upset?  At this point, I dare you to.



No comments:

Post a Comment