Thursday, October 11, 2012

10-11-12

Three six nine, the goose drank wine, the monkey...

the monkey forgot the next line.   It has been brought to my attention that I haven't blogged in a while.  OOPS!  I fell off that wagon for a week.  I blame it on.. life.

 Big news though:

lesterfaye81 lost 2 pounds since her last weigh-in! Lesterfaye81's lost 9.6 pounds so far.
45 minutes ago · Comment

Apparently, whatever I've been doing, even with the occasional lapses into fat girl piggery, I've been making progress.   The biggest progress though was this morning when I woke up at 5 am to let the dogs out and tried to go back to sleep---and couldn't---because the wheels in my head were turning like a hamster on speed running on a wheel with jingle bells and I found myself wanting to exercise.  

I haven't wanted to exercise in a long time.  In fact, I think the last time was right before I fell on my behind and sprained my ankle in a You Tube worthy fall that was probably the worst thing to happen to me since I broke my leg.   I've been exercising every other day to minimize soreness, especially given that I'm not doing straight cardio all the time and the power yoga has been working muscles that have probably never seen action besides holding up my diaphragm when I sing long phrases in church.

I'm optimistic this means I'm getting healthy.   Let me be frank, losing weight is besides the point.  I want to get strong.   I find it disgusting when I can't move furniture, have trouble changing a tire, or resort to giving away the defunct hot water heater in my back yard on Craigslist because I can't move it to the curb.  I'm counting calories because I know that weight loss will help facilitate the strength I'm trying to build by taking pressure off my right knee.   

Now if I can just get up the want -to to walk three dogs at once we'll have progress.   Maybe they'll stop chewing my electronics up if they aren't bored.  Hmmm... 



No comments:

Post a Comment