Thursday, September 26, 2013

How to Get Rid of Telemarketers

I don't know who put the word out that I'm broke, but for the last week I've been getting tons of emails and calls from people in Indian call centers wanting to loan me money.  After the month from hell and having a debt collector that I don't even owe any money to call my work  and tell my supervisor they were going to serve papers on me, I downloaded an app that records all my calls.  That's right, all of them.

So for that past three days I've gotten 73  calls from people wanting to give me a pay day loan.  YES, 73.   I've gotten dozens of emails from people wanting to give me a pay day loan.   Today I lost it.  I answered the phone.

Is this Leslie?  (Call center noise in the background, caller has an Indian accent) 

Yes, this is she.  Please be advised this call is being recorded.

Click

Another one:

May I please speak to Leslie? (Call center noise, Indian accent again) 

Yes, this is she.  Please be advised this call is being recorded.

We have recieved your application for a $500 loan...

I didn't apply for a loan and you need to stop calling me. 

Click.

Basically, if you use the same tactics they use on you, they give up.   I recently registered my number on the "Do not call" registry.  Somehow I don't think ti's going to help me with these people.  That call recording app though?  Yeah, that seems to help.


No comments:

Post a Comment