Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Lenty Cookies and Snacks

So I made a crazy Lenten rule this year that I can't have any snacks that are prepackaged and processed.  I'm not going Pharisee with this, so I'm not putting the gnat strainer on it at all.  Tonight I'm making oatmeal banana cookies made out of nothing but oatmeal and bananas.

I haven't tasted it yet. Honest.  Cheated a little bit because the bananas are a little green.  If they were ripe, I wouldn't need the teaspoon of sugar or dollop of Stevia.  Oh and I sprinkled some dried cranberries in it.

Oatmeal Banana Cookies



Two Medium Bananas
1 1/2 C Whole Oats

Mash bananas with a hand mixer, add oats.  Add 1/4 C dried Cranberries if you wish.   Bake at 350F until golden brown.




Just tasted them, not bad.    They will do.  It is Lent.










Home Dried Apples:

Slice apples as thin as possible.  Put them on a cooling rack over a cookie sheet and put them in the oven at 200F until dry.   Leave the door open a little and put the fan on high in the same room.   This will take several hours.   Let it go until all the moisture is gone.  Super tasty.






























No comments:

Post a Comment